Do not hesitate to give us a call. We are happy to talk to you.
Seriously, Don’t be shy!!
The name Kodachadri derives from two words – kutaja and chadri which translates to the hill with jasmine flowers. It is said to have gotten the name due to the number of Jasmine plants on the hill. The destination is known for its thick forests, rich paddy fields, green meadows and misty mountain air that will do your health a world of good. The main attraction of the trek, however, is the breathtaking Hidlumane Falls, a stream which forms seven falls, the highest being the hardest to reach. One can also see the western coast from the peak during the non-monsoon seasons. The rain forests loom in a perpetual layer of mist around the peak. The top of the Kodachadri hills not only offers mesmerising views but you can also see the West Coast if it’s not cloudy during your visit. A view of the rivers joining the sea from the peak is unforgettable.
Departure and Return Location
Kodachadri Trek distance
15 kms to and fro
Kodachadri Trek Difficulty
Moderate to difficult
Kodachadri Trek Duration
6 to 7 hours
1) We say bye to Namma Bengaluru at around 10 PM.
(Please have a light dinner. We don’t want you to starve!)
2) Our experienced organizers will keep you engaged with a fun ice breaker session, a great way to bond with your fellow travellers.
3) Next up? Good rest required for the adventure in waiting!
1) Reach the homestay at Kodachadri in the morning to a steaming hot cup of coffee.
2) Freshen up and have a delicious, authentic breakfast.
3) Depart from Homestay to reach the trek base.
4) Start trekking to the glorious Kodachadri peak
5) Enroute visit the Hidden Hidlumane falls
6) Reach the top and have a home-cooked lunch.
7) Continue the trek to the peak, rejuvenate at the peak with a million-dollar view!
8) Descend to the base and take a thrilling off-road jeep ride back to the homestay.
9) Freshen up and gather around the campfire to tea and piping hot snacks (if weather permits).
10) Warm-up, indulge in activities, or dance the evening away, hosted by our fun-experts.
11) Dig into a traditional dinner which is unlimited! (Veg & Non-Veg)
12) Sleep like a baby at our overnight stay in comfortable dorms.
1) Wake up to the sounds of nature and enjoy early morning breakfast.
2) Drive to visit the historic Nagara Fort, get ready to pose for those Insta pictures!
3) Start the return journey to Bengaluru. Wait, did you think the fun was over!!?
4) Sing along, dance to good music, and play interactive games on the way
5) Have sumptuous lunch at Madira Family Restaurant (Unlimited on Food Menu) enroute.
6) Stop for Dinner at Kamat Upchar Sira (Unlimited on Food Menu) enroute.
7) Reach Namma Bengaluru in the night around 11:30 PM with memories of a lifetime!
This is the day you are going to meet strangers (who will turn friends and even best friends by the end of the trip). We will be assigning pick up locations, ideally the closest to the pickup point you tell us. Once we pick everyone up, we will be distributing a form for you to fill up your details and then proceeding to have an ice breaker session.
Expect some fun activities which will help you get to know your fellow travellers a bit more. After the session, our event guides will brief you about the itinerary for the following day, post which you can get some shut-eye. We recommend you get some rest, especially since you have the Kodachadri trek the next day.
Once we reach the homestay, we will be allocating rooms while you sip on a hot cup of tea or coffee. We suggest you save the shower for after the trek in the evening and you can just freshen up instead and head for a delicious breakfast. While the Kodachadri trek will be fun, it is primarily a rain trek and it would be great if you can wear comfortable, quick-dry top and bottoms and shoes which offer a good grip. We will be carrying salt and Dettol to help avoid leeches.
Once we start the Kodachadri trek, we will be walking through a dense forest, crossing it and through beautiful paddy fields to reach a small tea shop where you are free to enjoy some chikki or biscuits. Once done, we will begin the climb up the gorgeous Hidlumane Falls which runs in seven cascades. After we reach the top of the falls, proceed for a bath and splash around in the pristine waterfalls and start the trek to the government guest house. We will be stopping here for a simple, but fulfilling, hot lunch, great after the cooling dip and the rain trek.
After lunch, we will start the next leg of the journey to reach the top where you will be greeted by a sight of lush green grasslands as far as the eye can see. If we are lucky and there is no rain, we should be able to see the backwaters and the west coast from the hilltop and even the sunset and pay respects to the ‘Sarvajna Peetha’ of sage Shankaracharya. We will then proceed to reach the guest house and take a jeep trip down to the homestay. Expect a fun, bumpy and memorable ride. We are often told by our travellers that they love this part of the Kodachadri trek.
After we reach the homestay, we will be greeted with hot snacks, tea and coffee. You can proceed for a hot shower and gather around for a campfire if the weather permits. However, don’t worry if there is no campfire because our organisers have plenty of fun games and activities to keep you engaged till dinner and even after if you are up for it.
We wake up to a hot breakfast, tea and coffee, a bit of lazing around and exploring the homestay surroundings and proceed to pack. Before starting our journey back to Bangalore, we head to the historical Nagara Fort which is covered entirely in the grass. We will be spending some time at the fort and climbing it. Worry not, the climb is minimal but offers a great view of the town below. The destination is also great for your insta pictures, so bring out those phones and cameras.
After we are done, we will start the journey back to Bangalore with a stop for lunch and tea which will be self-sponsored and not a part of the trip. We should reach Bangalore by early night and will be dropping you back to your pickup locations.
Now that you have decided to join the trip, congrats on the excellent choice! Monks on Wheels assures you a real experience in nature, distinctive value, and the finest quality in service.
1) You have the option to make your own transportation arrangements (car/bike/public transport) to join the event for which per person price: Rs.3069/- (No hidden charges)
2) Partial payment of Rs. 2500/- can be made to book your slot. Remaining amount to be paid online/cash on the day of the trip
3) Monks on Wheels trek leads will have radio communication device as a part of safety measure.
4) Comfortable accommodation on sharing basis will be in dorms.
5) A Whatsapp group will be created 2-3 days before the event where all the necessary information like things to carry, pick up points, time etc will be provided.
6) We need a minimum of 9 people to conduct the event or the event might be cancelled with full refund.
7) In an extremely rare scenario, due to unforeseen incidents like natural calamities, road blocks etc. or restrictions by the government or forest department, the itinerary might be changed/modified depending on the situation.
1. Water bottles
2. Raincoat or Umbrella (in case it rains)
4. Personal Medical kit
5. Extra pair of clothing
6. One cover sheet or Garbage Bag (It’s a trek hack, trust us.)
7. Carry bag
8. Jackets or sweaters
9. Trek shoes (any shoes with good grip)
12. Sufficient cash
1. What is Partial Payment? If partial payment is done, how to pay the remaining amount?
A: Partial payment is an advance paid to block your slot for a particular event. The remaining amount of the event to be paid online/cash on the day of the trip.
2. What kind of transport will be arranged by Monks on Wheels?
A: Monks on Wheels will be arranging an Non – AC tempo traveller or a minibus depending on the group size.
3. From where will the transportation be arranged?
A: The transport will be arranged from Bengaluru.
4. Where will be pick up points be in Bengaluru?
A: Monks on Wheels will be providing multiple pick up points in Bengaluru and the same will be conveyed with timings 2-3 days before the event.
5. Where should we join, in case we are coming on our own transport arrangements?
A: Once your registration is confirmed, Monks on Wheels shall provide the exact location of our venue 2-3 days before the event.
6. Is there any age limit for Monks on Wheels’ trips?
A: Monks on Wheels do not restrict the age as each individual has their own capabilities. But we would strongly recommend you to contact us so that our travel expert can give you a better idea of the trip.
7. What kind of events are these?
A: These are group events open to all categories of people.
8. How safe is it for women travelers?
A: Yes, It is completely safe for women travelers. Monks on Wheels events are done keeping certain standards and safety measures. We will always send a minimum of two trip organizers for all our events (many of them women trek leads). For a better understanding of how we manage trips, read these reviews by our solo women travelers.
Review link: https://www.facebook.com/pg/Monksonwheels/reviews/
9. What is the ratio of Men & Women in your events?
A: Monks on Wheels usually have more women travelers joining our trips. However, sometimes the ratio will be almost equal.
10. Do you have women trek organizers in Monks on Wheels?
A: Yes, in fact, most of Monks on Wheels trek leads are women.
11. What type of venue will it be for the overnight stay? Whether accommodation will be separate for men and women?
A: Monks on Wheels keeps certain quality standards where we provide venues like homestays or campsites that are good and hygienic with neat and clean washrooms.
And yes, we always provide separate accommodation for men and women.
1. If the notice is received more than 20 days prior to the event, 100% of the event amount paid will be refunded.
2. If the notice is received up to 20 days prior to the event, 50% of the event amount paid shall be refunded.
3. All cancellation requests made 5 days prior or on the day of the event, no refund will be made.
4. No refund will be made for any type of cancellation if partial payment is done.
I am a techie who loves traveling and adventure. I was looking for a way to travel around, live the adventure and still not burn a hole in my pocket. Well then i heard of Monks on Wheels from a friend and decided to give them a shot. My first trek with the group to Kodachadri hills and it was amazing. The food and home stay was humble yet decent. The bunch of trekkers and the organizers are helping, responsible and fun. Trek expenses are also reasonable. And of course the trek is just awesome with a brand new experience every time. I would definitely recommend them, especially their weekend treks.
MOW! You guys are the best! Had an awesome time. Looking forward to travelling with you guys again!
Traveling with monks on wheels has been the best travel experience of my life.” It is not where you travel that matters. It is whom you travel with that does”. Planning and coordination by the MoW team is always the best!!
This was my first trek with Monks on Wheels, and they organised this trip beautifully and with lots of love.
I have traveled with them multiple times. I was a solo traveller but due to there Uber cool ice breaker sessions ended up meeting super cool people. Kudos to you Monks on Wheels ??